Sewage and Water Damage Clean Up Service
It is necessary that after flooding to call for sewage and water damage clean up service. You have to keep in mind that water and sewage damage can’t wait for too long because it can cause different other problems in your house like mould or even in your health. Sewage has many different health hazards including illness to poisonous gases like hydrogen sulphide, musculoskeletal disorders like osteoarthritic, skin problems, and difficulty in the respiratory system. Renovco clean up service for sewage and water damage will be there immediately to protect you and your house.
Causes of Sewage Problems
- Old or broken lines. It’s recommended to uninstall the old iron lines and use plastic pipes because on the contrary of iron lines they don’t experience deterioration.
- Tree roots damaged sewer lines. Mainly in older houses that have iron sewer pipes, tree roots can cause easily big problems. Installing newer water plastic lines and restore the damage would be the solution.
- Structural Defects. Structural defects come on every house some years after the installation of the sewer lines. This includes that the lines may collapse, misalignment or holes and cracks.
- Flooding of sanitary and a storm sewer. Sanitary and storm sewer is a system of underground pipes that carries sewage and rainfall runoff water. But sometimes those systems flood and cause problems in the bathroom, basement or kitchen.
Preparing, preventing and stay safe during a flood in Toronto
The best way to deal with sewage and water damage is to prevent them from happening in the first place. We are gonna give you some advice so you can always be safe.
Prepare and prevent
- Windows and doors sealing. It is best to isolate doors and windows to prevent water or mould damage to every room. Usually, during storms, a lot of rainwater can penetrate windows and doors if they aren’t sealed and can cause extra damage that can be prevented easily.
- Check Valves. Installing sewer valves is necessary on every sewer line to prevent floodwater from backing up into the rooms.
- Install Drainage. You must install some drainage for downspouts to make sure that water moves away from your building.
- Keep instructions ready. Ask our specialist for instructions for shutting off water valves and gas in case of emergencies.
- Have the Renovco Cleanup Service number ready. In emergencies situation, it is best to have a partner you can call for help. You can call Renovo Services anytime and you’ll be there for you.
Flood Safety Tips
The first thing you should do in a flood situation is to stay calm and disconnect electrical appliances. If the flooding is slow and you have time, you should move inside the outdoor furniture. If your lower kitchen cabinets have come in contact with floodwater they are not eatable anymore.
Cleaning and Restoration of Sewage and Water Damage
After the scary part is over you should sit and make a plan for restoration and cleaning. You can call Renovco for every sewage and water damage clean up service. After our team is there, you don’t have to worry anymore because in a matter of time everything will be as it was before.
Water Restoration Services List:
- Water Damage Cleanup
- Emergency Flood Service
- Water Removal
- Basement Flood Cleanup
After a sewage backup, it is needed a professional intervention right away in order that you and your family can be safe afterwards. If you give us a call in the earlier stages of the sewage backup we can provide an immediate response action to reduce the harm to your home.
Can carpet be cleaned after a sewer backup?
Carpets are great, they offer a wormer and cozy look to the house but they can turn into a big problem after a sewer backup. Carpets have complex fibrous make-up that makes it difficult to clean it after a sewer backup with just the regular tools you use in everyday life. After that, the carpet has been in contact with sewer water it’s the possibility to contain many viruses, parasites and bacteria. Our experts are certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) – the leading authority on standards for professional carpet cleaning. With the right appliances, we will make your carpet as good as new, without pathogens or different smells.
Is Your Property at Risk for Sewage Damage
‘It won’t happen to me’, maybe you heard this many times before. We never know when a disaster will happen so we have to prepare for the worst. Even if we do everything right, maybe after a storm or natural disasters we will face sewage and water damage that needs immediately a cleanup service. Our teams of experts are always willing to assist you, whether you would like to design your dream bedroom, remodel a bathroom, finish the basement, create a new home extension, renovate your office or get disinfection and cleaning services, you can count on Renovco!
So, feel free to contact us here.