The look and feel of your kitchen are enhanced with a newly rebuilt kitchen with modern appliances, new flooring, countertop, and large cabinets. It also boosts the value of your home and improves the functionality of the most often used area. A local kitchen remodeling pro in Ottawa can assist you with any type of kitchen renovation task, from appliance installation to kitchen wall painting.
We’ve aggregated costs for many types of kitchen renovation tasks in Ottawa in our cost guide. You can use this advice to help you plan your kitchen renovation project, or you can call a local pro for a custom quote.
Kitchen Renovation Costs in Ottawa
|Appliance Installation||$500 – $1000|
|Backsplash Installation||$4,000 – $5,500|
|Cabinet Installation||$16,500 – $18,000|
|Counter Installation||$3,000 – $7,000|
|Kitchen Flooring||$8,000 – $9,500|
|Kitchen Wall Painting||$3,000 – $4,500|
|Kitchen Renovation Total Cost||$16,000 – $50,000|
- Dishwashers, ovens, and cooktops are among the kitchen appliances that are difficult to install. You can buy the appliance you want from a local store or an internet merchant, but we recommend that you have it installed by a professional.
- The safe use of these products in the future will be ensured by proper wiring and secure placement. In Ottawa, kitchen appliance installation might cost anything from $500 to $1,000.
- Mold, food spills, and water damage are all prevented by using a kitchen backsplash. Ottawa homeowners like a tile or porcelain backsplash because it is easy to maintain and long-lasting.
- For your kitchen backsplash wall, you can choose from wood, stone, metal, mirror, wallpaper, or industrial steel materials. On average, this job will cost between $4,000 – $5,500 to complete.
- Kitchen cabinets that are customized provide storage solutions that fit your lifestyle and match your entire kitchen design. You can choose with light or bright-toned wood or paint it any color you want later.
- An Ottawa renovation pro can assist you in customizing your cabinets to meet your needs. They have the equipment needed to measure, cut, and construct kitchen cabinets out of wood and other materials. They may also assist you in selecting your preferred wood species, including red oak, white oak, hickory, cherry, hard maple, birch, ash, and pine. The average cost of kitchen cabinet installation in Ottawa is between $16,000 – $18,500.
- Countertops are the most stable parts of a kitchen. For your kitchen countertops, you have the option of granite, marble, wood, or concrete. Light-colored countertops are usually preferred since they add natural light to the room.
- A local kitchen installation specialist can help you install or replace a new kitchen countertop by using a strong construction adhesive. In Ottawa, a new kitchen counter might cost from $3,000 up to $7,000 to install.
- When choosing a new kitchen floor, make sure it’s long-lasting, slip-resistant, water-resistant, and easy to maintain. When it comes to kitchen flooring in Ottawa, ceramic and porcelain tiles are the most popular choices. However, wood and vinyl flooring options come in a variety of shapes and designs.
- The installation of new kitchen flooring might take anywhere from 2 to 5 days, depending on the size of your kitchen and the materials you choose. You should expect to pay around $8,000 – $9,500 for it.
Kitchen Wall Painting
- When it comes to painting the walls of your kitchen, only experienced painters should be hired. They will assist you in selecting non-toxic paint and the appropriate color tone to complement your overall kitchen design. Because most of the walls in your kitchen are covered by cabinets and backsplash, painting them can be difficult.
- Professional painters will cover all open spaces and ensure that your kitchen structure is free of paint stains and damage. The average cost of a new kitchen paint job is between $3,000 – $4,500.
Whole Kitchen Renovation
- If you’ve recently moved into a new home, are intending to sell your home, or want to update your old school kitchen, you can plan a complete kitchen renovation. A complete kitchen remodel can provide you with the opportunity to personalize your space, install new appliances, adopt your preferred design, and add more light and brightness to your daily cooking routine.
- Flooring, painting, cabinet installation, new appliances, counter installation, new plumbing, and electrical modifications, and a new backsplash are all part of a complete kitchen renovation. In Ottawa, remodeling your kitchen might cost from $16,000 up to $50,000.
Important Things to Remember When Renovating Your Kitchen
- To finish any type of kitchen renovation project, you’ll need a team of staff. You can engage individual professionals such as electricians, plumbers, and carpenters, but managing multiple professionals on the same project can be complex and costly. Instead, you might employ a professional kitchen renovation expert in Ottawa to oversee the entire project and supervise various teams. To prevent paying any more labor expenses at the conclusion of the project, make sure you discuss the number of laborers and their costs with the expert before you begin planning your project.
- The ultimate renovation project for any homeowner is to build a personalized kitchen that is customized to fit your lifestyle. You can select certain tiles, cabinet wood, backsplash design, paint type, countertops, and high-end appliances to make your kitchen the most appealing space in your home. The more personalized pieces you order, however, the more expensive the project will be. To develop a budget-friendly bespoke kitchen for your family, discuss many possibilities and innovative ideas with your designer.
Planning and Research
- Before you start tearing down your old cabinets or buying tiles to replace the floor, make sure you plan and research thoroughly to ensure a successful kitchen remodel. You must consider material purchasing expenses, tools and equipment required to build and install various features, and employing different service specialists to fix electrical and plumbing issues in addition to design considerations. It might be exhausting to conduct this research, then plan and execute your kitchen renovation project. Instead, employ a professional kitchen designer to complete this task while you accept the ideas and afterward enjoy your newly refurbished kitchen.
Doing Necessary Updates Only
- You can start small to save money on the entire kitchen renovation job. You can prioritize your renovation projects and begin with the most important upgrades first. Instead of painting the walls or replacing the old countertop, spend your money on a new backsplash or repairing your broken refrigerator.
However small or big your kitchen renovation project may be, Renovco Ottawa can help you with it every step of the way. We can help you with planning, designing, and executing your project with minimal chances of damage. You can also get a custom quote from Renovco Ottawa renovation specialists that suit your requirements.